Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Bow Tie Success!

My sweet son's finace has been thinking about bow ties for their upcoming wedding. Of couse that got me thinking too! SO I saw this blog post from Sew Like My Mom and besides being an excellent Blog name-she had a free pattern.
 I cut it out and interfaced
 and sewed
 and used my pinking shears to trim away the seam allowance and clip the curves and points.
 Honestly the hardest thing was turning it inside out! I used my tube turner tool(I knew that thing would come in handy some day!!)
 There all pressed and I sewed the turning opening closed.  Now to google!
 How to tie a bow tie-well obviously I'm not the only one who doesn't know how there must be 1000 tutorials!
Doesn't it look good! What a great help Sew Like My Mom's tutorial was! Now I'm ready if the bow tie is the final decision!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I love it! We just need to find the right Sonic fabric.