Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Kid Sewing

SO vacation is over for me, I have to go to work this afternoon. Sad Face......
But I had t o get some fabric sewed up for the Girlfriend-In-Laws kiddos before summer ends altogether!
 I got this book at the church yard sale back in June and thought I'd give it a whirl for the TMNT dress for Little Jaymie.
 
The book comes with a pattern you just trace off in the size you want and then they suggest all kinds of embellishments and alterations. I just went basic with a good pocket on the front. 


I think she liked it-she wore it to the fair! I pointed out to her that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on this fabric have the words Sewer Surfing on it and that sewer is spelled the same as sew-er! So maybe the TMNT are really sewing not surfing the sewer. 
Then I switched to McCall's 6099
 to make this Pokemon shirt for Young Kevin. he hasn't gotten it yet. I just finished it this morning and I like the way it turned out!
I hadn't made a collar shirt in quite awhile so it took me a little bit to remember the way to do things. But it finished out very nicely!
 Off to pack my lunch...back to work!


2 comments:

Jean said...

Jaymie got so many compliments on her dress at the fair, and Kevin was showing off his shirt to all his guy pals.

knuckstermom said...

:-) I'm so glad they like them!