Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Junk Jubilee

 So we started out with a little rain and a little delay...but soon DD and me were on the road to pick up my OLDER sister, Julie and head to Des Moines Iowa for Junk Jubilee.
 Yay! We made it! And located our Dear Cousin! You would not believe the CROWD! WOW! So many people and so much junkie wonderfulness!
 Cute jewelry-these are glass soldered with bits of vintage textiles inside.
 Look at the creative use of a spoon handle for this pendant.
 And look at these made from old maps with the cities named in them.$18 each.

Here's a clever re-purpose! They cut the tops off of leather boots and made them into these little shoulder bags.
 There were a lot of industrial style pieces for sale. This looks great I think- But HEAVY!
 And of course a lot of garden type of decorations.
 This booth had almost anything you could think of wired to be a lamp.
 Check out the tailight lamp, and the whole bumper hanging on the wall lamp too!
 These chairs were made from old skis. A little too pricey for me--or as Cuz said-"what you don't have a beach home for these chairs?" LOL!
 More of the industrial look that seemed to be very popular...
 Love this table! We did notice there were quite a few things that were rusty, but not necessarily old...more like imported...BOO!
 These rocking chairs were the real deal though! The horseshoes keeping the wheels in place caught Older sister's eye of course!
 These old fashioned gates were everywhere we looked. Folks were using them for decorative spaces in their homes.
 And Lord help me...look at the FABRIC! Oooooo, lovely fabrics made into really beautiful quilts, with my beautiful Cuz.
 These purses were very nice too. They were made from old leather coats and such them matched with old textiles. Each tag told the story of the materials used. I really loved the style, but for $200ish, they had to stay there.
 Julie and I both thought this paint-by-numbers picture looked familiar-maybe it used to be bigger?
 And look another gate-a double one this time and only $145!
 The corrugated Iowas  were great to see. This booth had letters and all kind of things cut from old corrugated metal.
 How about the "truck" bench. It lights up too! $3750 and it's yours, including cup holders! I bet it weighs a ton!

 Lots of little kitchen nick-nacks all over the place. I always liked this kind of metal trays.
 Now take a look at the very cool purses/bags. Made from seed sacks and heavy duck cloth. They were very nicely made and has brass snaps that allowed the small bags to be connected for easy carrying. Unfortunately, the small bags were $65 and the large $185. Probably worth it because the workmanship was wonderful. But not in my budget.
 hmmm, maybe one of these lights would be good over our kitchen table? Or not...$200.
 I teased Julie about these wood slabs they had for sale. $12 each. I told her she has hundreds of dollars just laying out in her timber. I better warn Dad, she might be wanting him to cut some up next time he's out there....
 These were unique lamps and electrical art. I think they are pretty wonderful, but I just wired my lamp!
So we came home with some fabric, and an addition to the jadeite collection, and a good time was had by all!

No comments: