Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

April Frost

Really? I mean RALLY! I sure wasn't expecting it to be this cold Saturday morning.  Oh well no matter, I'm planning to sew some quilt blocks for another baby quilt. DD has informed me we need a couple of girls quilts for a couple of nice gals she knows.
Chain piecing these 16 block squares sure goes fast, I have the 9 blocks I need for the baby size all done already!
Cute! I am such a bad color matcher I kept the baby socks and clothes print in all of the blocks. Most of the bloggers are using all different fabrics-I'm not that brave.
I have the back pieced and ready to go, but I need to go get some batting. If I get several quilt tops done I might take them to the longarm machine! I haven't been there in awhile!
And I have cut out the temp[lates I need for the next quilt I have in mind. I'm still on a mission to use up my fabric stash. I made these templates out of s sheet of plastic I got from my work. It is block with a texture on one side and it is found on some incoming raw material pallets. I think I'm pretty smart-I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in the plastic so I can mark on the blocks when I cut them out. We'll see how this all goes, I'm not very template experienced.

No comments: